I’m not particularly a fan of chain letters, in fact, I quite hate them. So when Nefilibata from Dreamer’s Paradise sent me the link, I didn’t pay much attention to it. At first. I’m new to the blogging world and so, admittedly, I had no clue what the Liebster Award was. But who doesn’t like awards? So, here we are, and here I am, and let’s see if I can do this right.
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Give thanks for being nominated by linking back to the one who picked you.
- Write a blog listing 11 facts about yourself (don’t quite know what I’ll say)
- Answer the 11 questions posited by the blogger who nominated you
- Make 11 questions for the next blogger to answer
- Choose 5-11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to nominate
Facts about Caillen James
- I’m a book hoarder. I acquired so many in my 26 years and I want so many more. I don’t think I’ll ever have enough.
- I can be obsessive sometimes even though I don’t like to admit it. There are some things I’m just really particular about and I can’t live comfortably if I can’t have certain things the way I want. The fact that 11 seems to be the theme here and not 10 or 15 is actually really annoying.
- I’m a really simple person, not simple as in unintelligent, but simple in the sense that it takes next-to-nothing to make me happy.
- I am really, really, really sarcastic and I have a bad sense of humor.
- I’m an insomniac so I sleep very little which either makes me really crazy and temperamental or really hyper…it’s a crapshoot.
- In college I ate very bad-tasting food and so now I’ve pretty much lost my sense of taste.
- …Gosh…five more… Oh, I’m really bad at math. It’s frightening.
- I love my dog…does that count? I love her as much as I love my kids. Is that weird?
- I like cartoons, comic books, and video games–basically I’m a ten-year-old boy.
- I hate doing laundry. With a deep, deep passion. It’s the bane of my existence.
- I like reading quotes from famous and non-famous people alike–I can get lost in reading what other people have written. I feel a deep connection with their quotes like I’m seeing a piece of their hearts and souls…or something like that.
Okay, now the questions Nefilibata asked me…
- Q: What’s your favourite animal?
- A: My dog.
- Q: How many languages can you speak? What are they?
- A: Fluently…English…But I know bits and pieces of Spanish, Greek, Russian, Japanese, and Korean. And I can curse in all of those and German.
- Q: What languages do you want to speak?
- A: I once read a book about a woman who could speak any language after hearing just a few words of it…I would like to be able to speak them all.
- Q: How many books have you read this year?
- A: Is it even possible to count them all? I have no clue! I read about five comic books a week and one chapter book a week to my kids so…Well, I’m bad at math so whatever all that equals.
- Q: What field of academia interests you the most?
- A: I studied forensics in University but I really like art.
- Q: Have you got a defining moment in your life you would like to share?
- A: That’s a good one… I think my most defining moment was when I came out to my family, even though it was a sort of roundabout way. I once read a quote, ‘we all wear masks’ and it made me realize that I would rather be hated for being who I really am than be loved for being something I’m not.
- Q: If you were to be reincarnated as an animal, what animal would you prefer to be?
- A: A dragon… Or a black jaguar.
- Q: What is your opinion on the Lynx?
- A: I’m thinking you mean the animal…I don’t really have an opinion. They’re cute, I guess.
- Q: What album did you listen to most recently?
- A: I usually listen to rock. Last night I think I blanked out on Three Days Grace’s OneX album.
- Q: What is your preferred weather condition?
- A: I’m from the Midwest so I’m used to storms. I love tornado season. The weather always feels so perfect and I love the way the clouds move. The smell of wet grass and the electricity in the air. Now that I’m in Texas, I really miss it.
- Q: Do you know the Muffin Man?
- A: “Yes, yes, I know the Muffin Man. Who lives on Drury Lane?” (In my best Lord Farquaad voice).
Alrighty, questions I want to ask…
- If you could live anywhere in the world, what place would you choose and why?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- What’s your favourite food?
- On rainy days, what is your favourite thing to do?
- When you went to a theme park, what would be the first thing you would do: ride the biggest rollercoaster, eat lots of junk food, take pictures, scream your head off in the Haunted House, or settle for the Tea Cups?
- What do you think the world will look like in a thousand years?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- What was your favourite subject in school?
- What is your worst nightmare?
- If you could build your own ideal partner, what are five features they’d have to have?
- What is one thing you can’t sleep without?
So, now that I’ve done the 11 facts, answered the 11 questions from Nefilibata, and asked my own 11 questions, I have to send this award on to other bloggers: 5-11 of them with fewer than 200 followers. *sigh* Let’s hope I do this right…
Before I go, thanks again to Nifilibata from Dreamer’s Paradise– https://dreamdisorder.wordpress.com/ — for nominating me. Now here are the people I’d like to nominate. If any part of this was done incorrectly, please forgive my awfulness…